About Me

My photo
Hi, Hope you'll scroll through my older pages, you'll see tons of my art. Sign up to follow my new posts!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Red Bellied Woodpecker


I finally got around to finishing up this woodpecker. It was a funny thing. After I colored him in, I started on the tree trunk and the more I added, the more he disappeared. Then it came to me...all those stripes really do make for a great camouflage, though I hadn't been aware of it.

Most of the time I've seen pictures of them hanging upsidedown at a feeder or hanging sideways off a tree, where they are very noticeable. Once on the tree front on, I've probably walked by them without noticing them many times if they weren't "knocking" on wood" !!! LOL!
Revelle

3 comments:

Revelle Taillon said...

Sorry I had to delete the comments on this, I called it a red-headed woodpecker instead of it's correct name, a red bellied woodpecker, so I had to change the image. Problem was, I couldn't figure out how to delete the first photo without deleting the entire thing and starting over!

Ramona Davidson said...

Wonderful composition and art.

To delete a picture and put a new image in, just click on the picture in editing mode and a menu comes up at the bottom of the picture. This is where you chose the size, etc, but also all the way to the right it says "remove". I had to do the same thing as you before I found "remove". Hope this helps.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I just go to the html code tab, highlight the code for the photo, delete, and then insert the new picture. I don't think I've ever tried it when I already had comments. Does this erase them?

Amazing the things you learn while sketching! It does make it disappear and what a wonderful gift that is! It's a beautiful sketch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails