About Me

My photo
Hi, Hope you'll scroll through my older pages, you'll see tons of my art. Sign up to follow my new posts!

Friday, March 26, 2010

A bad day


Well, I started some Piping Plovers (sea birds that are on the endangered list) but the baby birds are the ugliest things that i've ever seen. I may or may not list it here, because you'll think the baby looks odd (and they ARE odd looking creatures!) but I might. I also have a robin and a mourning dove on my calendar to do in the next week. I'd also like to do a rabbit, squirrel and chipmunk, all the soft fuzzy creatures! So much to do, so little time.

I wanted to add a few words about what Danny Gregory is going through with the loss of his loved one. I lost my son 8 years ago in a motorcycle accident and I know what Danny is going through. You feel like the bottom of you heart has fallen out, your spirit crushed, and feel like you are on a roller coaster, one day okay, not great, but bearable, and the next few, you're rolled up in a ball of tears curled up in bed and lost.

It's been 8 years for me, since Kristian left this world, but I feel he's in a better place, and he's looking down on me and smiling and waiting. It won't be long, I keep telling him. Life is so fleeting and unpredictable and most of all, short. So make the most of every day, as Danny has shown us, with our art, and don't be cheap with hugs, or anything else you can share. Make some art, share some art, buy some art, support each other, volunteer to donate some art. We are very lucky to have this connection and this outlet for our sorrows and our joys.

I hope you all have something to celebrate today. My grandaughter will be turning 1 in April and I'm designing an invitation to her birthday party. I'm celebrating that today. I hope soon, Danny will find a way to smile on more days than not. I had to keep repeating to myself "All is well" when I thought my body would turn inside out in pain, and that small prayer helped keep me sane. I have him in my prayers.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

What a wonderfully compassionate and honest post this is. You expressed it so beautifully.

Ann said...

I don't know what to say, but I am touched. Thank you. Beautifully stated.

nanke's stuff said...

I'm so sorry for your loss - losing a child has to be one of the most difficult losses imaginable. Your post is gentle and generous, and I know it has given comfort to a lot of people. Thank you. nancy

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

Beautifully said. I think many of us have shared that pain, and you DO somehow get past it; I'm so sorry about your son.

Jules said...

Thanks, Revelle for expressing this so well.

Sandra said...

How kind you are in sharing your thoughts. Hugs over the loss of your son.

donna said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful post. I cannot begin to imagine the loss you or Danny have experienced. But I listen and I take in your wisdom because I know that sooner or later we all do experience the death of a loved one and it is good to know that though it hurts, you do survive and can still see the positive in life.

debra morris said...

Thanks for such a compassionate post, beautifully expressed and so, so wise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails