About Me

My photo
Hi, Hope you'll scroll through my older pages, you'll see tons of my art. Sign up to follow my new posts!

Monday, April 16, 2018

Drawing a Barn Owl in Colored Pencil

I started this drawing in January, 2018, and it it took me about 50 hours to complete. As usual, I start by drawing in basic details of the animal's parts, and features, then I slowly erase all the graphite pencil as I add my colored pencil. This image shows the very start of the drawing.
50 hours later, I was finally finished. The size is 11 x 14 inches and I drew it on Canson Mi-Tientes paper, with about 60 colors, all types of professional colored pencils, like Luminance, Prismacolor, Caran D'Ache.
I entered it in the Seacoast Artist Association's April 2018 theme show, in Exeter NH, "Feathers and Fur", and I'm proud to say it was selected as "Best in Show".  Here's how it looked after it was framed.
I'll be offering a class called Colored Pencil II which starts May 22, 2018, at the Seacoast Artist Association, See above for details.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails