About Me

My photo
Hi, Hope you'll scroll through my older pages, you'll see tons of my art. Sign up to follow my new posts!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mail Art from Melissa Sabin


I loved Melissa's mail art on her site http://redtape.typepad.com/ and commented that I would love to get some mail art from her. She contacted me and said she would send me some! I was so excited.

A couple weeks later I met the mailman at the mailbox and lo and behold, he handed me a stack of bills with this colorful, delightful piece of art tucked in there. Of course, It was the only thing I wanted to look at! I ripped open the plastic sleeve to take a closer look. It was so awesome. I couldn't bring myself to open it! I knew there was something inside, but the envelope was so beautiful, I didn't want to open it.

So I propped it up on my computer screen like a kid looking at a beautifully wrapped Christmas gift until I couldn't stand it any longer. After at least a half an hour, I grabbed some scissors and carefully trimmed off 1/32 of an inch off one end so I wouldn't ruin what was inside or ruin the back of the envelope, and discovered a great card inside. But it was the envelope I really was intrigued with. How can something be so intriguing that I didn't even want to open it? It's never happened to me before! It was like a tiny bit of magic in my day.

Check out her website and enjoy her mail art. She's a genius who brought such fun and intrigue into my home this week. I plan to return the favor and my only hope is she doesn't want t rip the envelope open immediately! LOL!

6 comments:

Peachtreeart said...

Pretty unique to get a piece of mail these days you are so thrilled about!

Revelle Taillon said...

Most mail I get is bills or junk mail, all white or covered in the word "SALE". It's awesome to actually get ART in the mail!!!!!

Alex said...

I've seen something similar being posted before too. It's got a specific measurement and there's a annual contest in Britain, but I have forgotten the name.
This is of course a jewel in the mailbox, I'd be hopping with joy if I ever got something like this too ^^
You're so lucky Revelle!!

Revelle Taillon said...

Alex, I've been to your Rainbowbox site and just love your work!

Timaree said...

Oh what fun! I can see why you wouldn't want to open it. So it came in a plastic sleeve; I was wondering how these were mailed.

Ramona Davidson said...

What a lovely gift of mail art. She is very talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails